Join a Team
- Even if you are working alone, you need to be on a team. Being on a team, even a team by yourself, gives you student privileges that allow you to complete your work.
- Use your name and school email when signing up for the account.
- Make sure to select the appropriate information from the drop-down menus. If you add yourself to the wrong team, just click "Leave my team" and try again.
- Team tags follow this format: School-ProfessorLastName-T#S#G#. For example, if you are attending Istituto Tecnico Tecnologico "E. FERMI" in Dr. Jon Doe's class, in Fall 2018, assigned to section 4, group 7, your team tag will be: FERMI-DOE-F18S4G7. Your instructor will assign you a section and group number. You will need to include this team tag in the subject line of your emails to your instructor, so write it down or copy it from your profile for later use.
2. Go to your profile if you'd like to add an avatar or view your team.
- You can click on your name in the top right corner of the homepage to view your profile. To view your profile from other pages on iFixit, click on your name in the top right corner of the site and select “My Profile” from the dropdown menu.
- On your profile page you'll see all the guides you've created.
- On the same page, click the team tag below your avatar to view a list of your team members and your team's activity.
- Disregard the link to the "Student Instructions" page below your team tag on your profile page. Use these instructions instead.
So, why is this project so important? By teaching people how to fix their own stuff, you are helping to keep devices out of landfills and end the e-waste crisis! To learn more, check out the video below, as well as our Repair Manifesto, the Why We Do What We Do page, and iFixit.org.