Getting Started: Overview
Here we take you through getting started on the iFixit Technical Writing Project. You will create an account, join a team, and write a project proposal.
When you finish this section you should have completed the following:
- Signed up for an iFixit account using your school email address
- Joined a student team
- Made a profile
- Learned how to use milestone pages
- Chosen a device that is not already documented on iFixit for your project
- Checked out the Putting It Together: Building A Successful Project infographic
- Emailed a PDF of your proposal to techwriting[at]ifixit[dot]com
- Your proposal should have all the requirements listed
- Your proposal should include the correct header
Email Us When...
...you have a proposal. You must email us with a proposal, even if it is informal. Proposals allow us to give you the necessary privileges to work on the site without problems.
If you have any questions or concerns about your involvement in the project, be sure to check out the student FAQ page, talk to your instructor, or reach out to our program director at education[at]ifixit[dot]com.