Getting Started: Overview
Here we show you how to get started on the iFixit Technical Writing Project. You will create an account, join a team, and write a project proposal.
You are finished with this section when you:
- Sign up for an iFixit account using your school email address
- Join a student team
- Create a profile
- Learn how to use milestone pages
- Receive an iFixit-provided device (or choose your own device) that is not already documented on iFixit for your project
- Check out the Putting It Together: Building A Successful Project infographic
- Email a PDF of your proposal to techwriting[at]ifixit[dot]com, including all the requirements listed
- Incorporate all feedback from the iFixit technical writing team
Email Us When...
...you have a proposal. You must email us with a proposal, even if it is informal. Proposals allow us to give you the necessary privileges to work on the site without problems.
Please note: It can take the iFixit tech writers up to two business days to respond to your email, so make sure to plan accordingly.
If you have any questions or concerns about your involvement in the project, be sure to check out the Student FAQ page, talk to your instructor, then reach out to our technical writing team at techwriting[at]ifixit[dot]com.